Shui Xian, a very popular cultivar from Wu Yi Shan, is used to make numerous types of Oolong. Sometimes spelled Shui Hsien, this particular modestly-priced medium-oxidized tea is highly roasted creating a strong, full-bodied cup. The roasted, mineral-like taste followed by refreshing floral notes make this a great tea to sip while dining. Excellent everyday Oolong option. Try it iced as well!
Oolong Tea (Organic)
1. Fill kettle with fresh water.
2. Heat water until below boiling (approximately 195-205°).
3. 2-3 teaspoons (3-5 grams) of tea per 6-8 oz. cup or pot.
4. Rinse leaves by pouring the heated water over the dry leaves, discard liquid immediately.
5. Pour heated water over leaves, Steep for 30 seconds - 1 minute.
6. Subsequent steeps longer, up to 4 minutes.
*Oolong leaves are traditionally steeped several times per sitting*