Origin:Japan Estate:Kagoshima Region Organic & Kosher
Japanese shade-grown certified organic tencha (green tea) milled to a super fine powder. Perfect for baking & culinary recipes or for making lattes & smoothies.
Add a teaspoon of our Matcha to the water in your travel cup & shake it up for a great tasting anti-oxidant boost on the run. Or add to any chilled tea or water in a Cocktail Shaker, shake with enthusiasm then pour over ice for a beautiful, frothy treat.
*Tin-tie Kraft bag made of recycled paper & lined with
PLA (plant-based material) is packed inside each 4 oz. tin of Matcha. Empty
contents of Kraft bag into tin for storage.
Unsweetened Matcha Latte
*Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of SerendipiTea's Culinary Grade Matcha into an 8 oz. cup or mug.
*Mix approximately 1 tablespoon of hot water into the Matcha using the back of a spoon or a Matcha whisk (see accouterments), making a smooth paste without lumps.
*Steam 4-5 oz. cold milk (dairy or non-dairy) until the desired temperature is reached.
*Add to Matcha & serve.
*Sweeten to taste if desired.
Our Matcha is from Kagoshima prefecture located in the far South-West part of Japan. Following is a link to the live-time radiation map which indicates levels in various prefectures: http://jciv.iidj.net/map . Roll your mouse over the blue dots on the map, the corresponding prefecture name on the chart will be highlighted. You will see that Kagoshima tea is safe.
Japanese Green Tea
1. Fill kettle with fresh water, then heat.
2. Warm tea cup or bowl with a little hot water, discard. Pour matcha through a fine-mesh sifter into the cup or bowl (one quarter teaspoon per cup), loosening any clumps. For a thicker cup, increase amount of matcha up to one teaspoon.
3. Pour about 2 ounces of water (fill 1/3 cup of cup or bowl) that is approximately 175 degrees (cooler than boiling) over the tea powder.
4. Whisk rapidly in an M or W formation (as if beating eggs) to make a frothy broth.
5. Add about 4-6 more ounces of the heated water.
If You Like This Product, You Might Also Like These Item(s)