1. Fill kettle with fresh water, then heat.
2. Warm your teapot with a little hot water, discard, place your tea leaves in teapot, allowing heat of the pot to release bouquet of the tea leaves.
3. Heat water to rolling boil (212°). Steep 1 teaspoon (2.5 g/8 oz. cup) up to 5 minutes.
*Vary time according to taste, & remember that steeping tea leaves beyond 5 mins does not contribute to flavor, only bitterness.
- 4 oz. box makes approx. 50 cups
- 1 lb. bulk bag makes approx. 175 cups
- .75 - 1 oz. tin makes approx. 10 cups
- Some blends are lighter than others; Tin size 2.5″ w x 1″ h
- 1 oz. Sample makes approx. 10 cups
*see Tea Caddy for storage option*
Transfer contents of box to an air-tight,opaque ceramic or tin kept away from heat and moisture.
All retail packaging components are manufactured in the USA. The box is made from post-consumer-recycled Kraft; the sealed
inner bag is sustainably sourced compostable plant-derived material (Nature Flex), labels are made from recycled content with water-soluble inks. All handling, blending, packing is done by hand on-site at SerendipiTea.