GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) is naturally occurring in all tea (camellia sinensis) however Japanese scientists discovered that when tea is grown in nitrogen rich environments GABA (one of the main neurotransmitters for the Central Nervous System) is significantly enhanced. In addition to all the healthy benefits of tea drinking, increased GABA, which blocks certain neuro-transmissions, reputedly decreases stress & anxiety, helps to improve memory & alertness, aids in weight loss & acts as a natural sleep aid.
All good science aside, this tea’s heady aroma & flavor is DELICIOUS ~ a medium to dark oxidation which is silky smooth & sweet with overtones of cinnamon that linger & evolve. A remarkable Oolong from Nantou County.
1. Fill kettle with fresh water.
2. Heat water until below boiling (approximately 195-205°).
3. 2-3 teaspoons (3-5 grams) of tea per 6-8 oz. cup or pot.
4. Rinse leaves by pouring the heated water over the dry leaves, discard liquid immediately.
5. Pour heated water over leaves, Steep for 30 seconds - 1 minute.
6. Subsequent steeps longer, up to 4 minutes.
*Oolong leaves are traditionally steeped several times per sitting*