certified organic Matcha is Japanese shade-grown tencha (green tea) that is
milled to a super fine powder. Perfect for baking & culinary recipes or for
making lattes & smoothies. For a great tasting anti-oxidant boost on the
run, place 4-5 ice cubes, a teaspoon of our Matcha & 1 cup cool water in
your travel cup then shake, shake, shake. Or, in a cocktail shaker add same
ratio of cubes, Matcha & water then shake with enthusiasm ~ pour over ice
for a delicious, healthy treat.
In keeping with
our GREEN mission, the packing of our organic culinary grade Matcha into
resealable opaque bags is done at the tea garden/factory we work with in Japan.Unsweetened Matcha Latte Recipe
*Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of SerendipiTea's Culinary Grade Matcha into an 8 oz. cup
*Mix approximately 1 tablespoon of hot water into the Matcha using the back of
a spoon or a Matcha whisk (see accouterments), making a smooth paste without
*Steam 4-5 oz. cold milk (dairy or non-dairy) until the desired temperature is
*Add to Matcha & serve.
*Sweeten to taste if desired.
- 3.42 oz. (100g) Reseal-able Bag makes approx. 45 cups
- 1.1 lb. (500g) Bulk Bag makes approx. 175 cups
- Bulk option (500 g/1.1 lb. bag) with caddy or without
Japanese Green Tea
1. Fill kettle with fresh water, then heat.
2. Warm tea cup or bowl with a little hot water, discard. Pour matcha through a fine-mesh sifter into the cup or bowl (2 grams or 1/2 teaspoon per cup), loosening any clumps. For a thicker cup, increase amount of matcha up to one teaspoon.
3. Pour about 2 ounces of water (fill 1/3 cup of cup or bowl) that is approximately 175˚ (cooler than boiling) over the tea powder.
4. Whisk rapidly in an M or W formation (as if beating eggs) to make a frothy broth.
5. Add about 4-6 more ounces of the heated water.